A reversible condition which cause the falling of hair after a stressful condition, shock, traumatic event. Which usually occurs on the top of the scalp. Telogen efflufium is a form of hair loss characterized by thinning of hair or increase in the shedding of hair.
Here, falling or shedding is from early entry of hair in the telogen phase (the resting phase of the hair follicle).
(the hair cycle typically has three phases, 1) anagen or growth phase 2) catagen or transitional phase 3) telogen or resting phase .It occurs more in female.
Homeopathy has got great potential in dealing with the case of telogen effluvium. There are no side effects of these medicines. This is why it is considered to be the safest mode of treatment in modern era.
- Childbirth/post partum hairloss
- Metal toxicity
- Acute and chronic illness
- Psychological stress
- Nutritional deficiency
- Sudden weight loss
- Endocrine disorders ( hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism)
- Skin disease affecting the scalp
- post covid hairfall
Sudden or drastic falling of hair in excessive amount, great amount of hair falls out while washing/combing the hair. One can find more hair on the pillow/sofa/blanket.
- Examination shows diffuse thinning without focal areas of total alopecia
- A hair pull test can be carried out to see how much hair is being shed.
- Protein rich foods
Which can provide building blocks to hair. Make sure that the diet includes plenty of protein rich foods such as beans, grains, and nuts.
- Iron rich foods
Iron rich foods like leafy green vegetables, lentils can help you overcome excessive amount of hair fall.
- Homeopathic treatment aims at understanding the root cause, characteristic individuality, and constitution of the concerned case.
There are many excellent homeopathic medicines for the treatment of telogen effluvium. E.g. ignatia, nat mur, sepia, pulsatilla, calc carb, acid phos, arnica, psorinum, typhoidinum, etc. But only an appropriate homeopathic medicine is administered after a detailed and thoroughly done case taking, case analysis and case evaluation by a skilled homeopathic physician.