It is a bacterial infection which causes inflammation and pain in the throat. It can affect children and person of any age group.
Homeopathy treats the case of sore throat naturally and safely without causing any harm/side effects.
It is caused by a germ called group A streptococcus bacteria. Symptoms begin to appear 2 to 5 days after coming in contact with the strep germ.
Severity can vary from patient to patient.
Common symptoms seen in case of streptococcal throat are as follows
- Sore throat associated with headache
- Loss of appetite
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- Sore, red throat with white patches
- Troubles while swallowing the food/liquids
- A sudden rise of temperature
- Nausea, vomiting
- Runny nose
- Rashes on the body
- Hoarseness of voice
- Redness about eyes
- It can spread to the tonsils, sinuses, middle ear, the mastoid bone behind the ear
- It can also lead to abscess
- Rheumatic fever
- Scarlet fever
Basic Treatment approach
- Patient can do hot water gargles with a pinch of salt, Drink plenty of warm liquids, Honey can also be consumed.
- Ask the patient to cover his/her mouth with a tissue/or handkerchief whenever he/she coughs/sneezes.
- Maintain the hand hygiene properly.
- There are excellent homeopathic medicines for the treatment of streptococcal throat. E.g. belladonna, merc sol, hepar sulph, phytolacca, streptococcinum, etc.
- But, only an appropriate homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient after a detailed case taking, case analysis, and evaluation by a skilled homeopath.