sleep apnea and homeopathy
Obstructive sleep apnea
“Cases of Sleep apnea are many times encountered in our clinical practice. And considering homeopathic medicines for the treatment of aforementioned condition is the best way of treatment, causing no harm to the health of patient.”
As each case is treated on individualistic way with a higher purpose of delivering a complete cure and healing.
Obstructive sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder affecting breathing during sleep.
It occurs because of extreme relaxation of muscles in the back of the throat which causes disturbed breathing.
Airways get narrowed down or closed as the person breathes in and breathing becomes difficult for 10 seconds or longer than that. And it certainly lowers the saturation/concentration of oxygen in the blood flow, causing buildup of carbon dioxide.
Patient’s brain senses this kind of impaired breathing and rouses the patient up from sleep so that patient can reopen his airways. This kind of awakening is usually brief. This kind of shortness of breath gets corrected by itself quickly within one or two deep breaths and patient may experience gasping and choking.
This pattern can repeat five to 25 times or more than it each hour, all nights.
(Periods during which breathing ceases called as apnea or apneic episodes. Here, snoring happens due to airflow squeezing through the narrowed airway space)
- Obesity (certain medical conditions which are associated with obesity namely PCOD, HYPOTHYROIDISM can cause sleep apnea)
- Narrowed airways
- Positive family history of OSA
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Excessive sleepiness during a day
(e.g during work at workplace)
- Snoring during sleep and in extreme cases it can lead to very lourd kind of snoring causing disturbance to others
- Complaints about dry mouth and sore throat
- Cessation of breathing/stopped breathing during sleep
- Abrupt awakening associated with gasping and choking
- Headache with discomfort in morning
- Difficult and impaired concentration during day
- Changes in the behavior and abrupt or marked change in mood
- High blood pressure
- Perspiration at extreme during the night
- Cardiovascular problems
(high blood pressure, coronary artery diseases, heart attack, heart failure and stroke)
- Fatigue and excessive sleepiness during day
- Metabolic syndrome
- Depression and anxiety
Ars alb, spongia, Nux vomica, lachesis, kali phos, kali bich, coffea, opium, lycopodium, nat mur, aurum met are well indicated remedies capable of dealing with the cases of sleep apnea.
But, only a well selected remedy is administered after a complete case taking followed by case analysis and case evaluation.
So, consulting a homeopath is a primary need to receive complete healing and absolute cure.
- Quit smoking and reduce the intake of liquors
- Eat healthy and fiber rich diet.
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain your BMI
- Practice yoga and meditations
What dr mankad says:
We believe in emphasizing upon constitution of a person and his characteristic and individualistic symptoms and keep holistic approach at the basis while prescribing the medicine to the patient after a through process of case taking of the patient.
We try to rule out the root cause and understand the entire case from different perspectives to reach out to a final conclusion so that we can avoid any chances of errors leading to partial cure.
Our work is not only limited and restricted to the case taking and administration of homeopathic remedies. But, it also looks upon guiding and educating the patient about his disease and making him aware to quite a good degree, involving the need of diet, regimen and music therapy along with ongoing medications so to deliver cure in the most advanced and comprehensible way.