Hand, foot and mouth Disease and Homeopathy
Hand, foot and mouth disease is very common nowadays. One child having infected with this disease can easily transfer to other children so speedily. Homeopathic treatment plays an important role in preventing as well as curing/ managing this disease successfully
Hand, foot, and mouth disease is a highly contagious infection. It’s caused by viruses from the Enterovirus genus, most commonly the coxsackievirus. These viruses can spread from person-to-person through direct contact with unwashed hands or surfaces contaminated with feces. It can also be transmitted through contact with an infected person’s saliva, stool, or respiratory secretions.
Hand, foot and mouth disease usually occurs in children under age 5
It is highly contagious
Mostly it is self limiting disease
Symptoms of Hand, foot and mouth disease
- Poor appetite
- Sore throat
- Pregnant females
- Painful, red blisters in the mouth
Causes of Hand, foot and mouth disease
Hand, foot, and mouth disease is often caused by a strain of coxsackievirus, most commonly coxsackievirus A16. The coxsackievirus is part of a group of viruses called enteroviruses.
Viruses can be easily spread from person-to-person. You or your child may contract hand, foot, and mouth disease through contact with an infected person’s:
- fluid from blisters
- respiratory droplets sprayed into the air after coughing or sneezing
Hand, foot, and mouth disease can also be transmitted through direct contact with unwashed hands or a surface containing traces of the virus.
What parents need to do?
Encourage to have plenty of fluids
Control the spread
- Make sure that children wash their hands thoroughly after using the toilet.
- Aim to keep mouth and nose covered when coughing and sneezing. Wipe the nose and mouth with disposable tissues.
- Adults should take particular care when handling nappies and tissues. Wash hands thoroughly after handling nappies and tissues.
- Soiled clothes, bedding and towels should be washed on a hot cycle of the washing machine.
- It is best not to share cups, eating utensils, towels, etc, whilst ill with this infection and for several weeks afterwards.
- Do not deliberately pierce blisters, as the fluid is infectious.
- Avoid sending children to school.
Homeopathy treatment at Dr Mankads’ Homeoclinic
Homeopathic medicines effectively prevent and manages hand foot and mouth disease.
If any child going to any school or preschool founds having above symptoms, other parents should think about their child not getting affected by the same.
Homeopathic medicines can prevent this disease by boosting child’s immunity.
If child is having any of above symptoms, homeopathic medicines can successfully cures the disease in children. Above all with the help of medicines child becomes less irritable, appetite improves and slowly child attains health